Procedures for Purchasers W/O Prior Year Certificates of Delinquency
Statute Rules and Regulations
- By end of business (4:00 PM EDT) on TO BE DETERMINED , each individual or entity seeking to participate in the sale, to be held at TO BE DETERMINED, shall register with the county clerk by presenting a non-refundable registration fee, certified check only, Purchase Intent List and all documents required from Tax Packet above. The registration fee is tiered starting at $10.00 per certificate of delinquency and capping at a $250.00 fee. The registration fee is capped but the number of bills eligible to be purchased is not (KRS 134.010, SEC 10(h))
- All individuals or entities seeking to participate in the tax sale shall register with the Revenue Department. Please click here and visit their website for further details.
- Several forms including a "PURCHASE INTENT LIST" of bills must be turned in at the same time as payment. Click here to download the forms required (Purchase Intent List not included). The Purchase Intent List shall be prepared in 2018 Tax Bill Number order and shall include
- Tax Bill Number
- Taxpayer Name
- Amount due on the Certificate of Delinquency as of sale date TO BE DETERMINED
- Total Amount of all Certificates of Delinquency
- Total Amount of all Recording Fees for Certificates of Delinquency
- Payment shall be made by certified check at the time the list is submitted (25% of List Value must be submitted). An additional $28.00 filing fee is required for each certificate of delinquency purchased. One certified check including both amounts is allowable.
Sale Process & Procedures
- The County Clerk will make every effort to prevent unfairness in the sale process by prohibiting participation by multiple entities.
- The sale shall be conducted in a manner similar to a professional sport's draft with each purchaser having an opportunity to purchase certificates in turn through several rounds.
- The order of selection shall be determined by a random drawing with the purchaser drawing the lowest number going first
- Purchase rounds shall continue until all certificates have been sold or all purchasers have withdrawn from the sale
- When a purchaser withdraws from the sale, no other purchaser may take the place of the withdrawing purchaser
- Purchasers shall only be allowed to purchase those certificates included on their previously submitted list
- If certificates remain after all purchasers have withdrawn, then those remaining certificates may be sold to any registered purchaser
- The county clerk shall determine how many certificates may be purchased in each round based on the following guidelines:
- 500 or fewer certificates will be sold in lots of 5
- 501-1000 will be sold in lots of 10
- 1000-2500 will be sold in lots of 25
- It is the responsibility of each purchaser to do their own research on Certificates of Delinquency they intend to purchase. The Bullitt County Clerk's Office will not do research for any purchaser. It is the purchaser's responsibility to do bankruptcy research as well.
- All purchases are final. No refunds will be issued after the sale
- Please contact the Bullitt County Attorney's Office for any pending litigation or payment agreements that may be in place.
These processes are subject to change if necessary. All announcements on the day of the sale take precedence over the above information.
Please direct all questions to 502-543-2513, Ext. 203.