PURCHASE PROCESS FOR 3RD PARTY PURCHASERS WITH PRIOR YEAR CERTIFICATES
- By end of business (4:00 PM EDT) on TO BE DETERMINED, a "Purchase Intent List" shall be submitted
- 3rd Party Purchasers holding a Certificate of Delinquency from a prior year shall submit to the county clerk a separate list of current year certificates they wish to purchase that relate to the property for which they hold the prior year certificate of delinquency.
- The list shall be clearly identified as "Purchase Intent List-Prior Year Certificate of Delinquency List." The list shall be prepared in 20__ Tax Bill Number order and shall include the following information
- The current year's tax bill number
- The prior year claim's tax year and bill number
- The book and page numbers where the prior year claim is filed, if applicable
- The Map #, also known as the Parcel ID Number
- A copy of the most recent prior year Certificate of Delinquency
The 3rd party purchaser shall provide a copy of the most recent prior year certificate.
Full payment shall be made by certified check at the time the list is submitted. An additional $28.00 filing fee is required for each certificate of delinquency purchased. One certified check including both amounts is allowable.
During the time period between the submission of the list and tax sale date, the clerk shall review the lists to identify which 3rd party purchaser holds the most recent prior year tax claim.
The current year certificates that are verified to have valid prior year claim will then be sold to the appropriate 3rd party purchaser.
THE FAILURE OF A 3RD PARTY PURCHASER TO PROPERLY AND TIMELY SUBMIT A PURCHASE INTENT LIST OF PRIOR YEAR CLAIMS AND PROPER PAYMENT, SHALL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF THEIR PURCHASER PREFERENCE. THE APPLICABLE CERTIFICATE OF DELINQUENCY(S) WILL THEN BE PLACED IN THE POOL OF CERTIFICATES TO BE SOLD AT THE TAX SALE.
Please direct all questions to 502-543-2513, Ext. 203.